Friday, September 5, 2014

Been awhile since I have been able to post anything. August was such a crazy month. Three lovely weddings to attend, and then a funeral. We suddenly lost a family member. It's 2 weeks today that she took her own life. I never would have thought her suicidal. She had such a beautiful smile, and always laughing at our family get togethers. You never know what is going in peoples lives and what they are thinking, what they are going through unless they let you in. Unfortunately, she did not let a lot of people in. It's still hard, I have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that I will never see her again. It's not at all like it was when Dad passed from cancer a few years ago. At least then, we were aware of what was happening, aware that he had little time, and were able to say our goodbyes. When someone is taken out of your life suddenly and violently, there is a hole. A huge hole, and it's hard to cover that up. Life feels surreal. It's hard to not think "if only I had known a little bit more..." then maybe we could have helped her. Life keeps on going by, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment